Can I change the default look/style?
- Sure can.
- Instead of sending your customers to the default landing page ( e.g. http://dtbaker2.theme-demo.net/summer ) just create your own landing page on your own website.
- Add the special "launch demo" button links ( e.g. http://theme-demo.net/launch/13/22 ) to your own landing page
- Or link directly to the "launch demo" buttons from your item pages
So how does it work (for theme Authors)?
- You (theme author) sign up through theme-demo.net
- This gives you a dedicated demo server hosted through wpdocker
- You will have SSH access into this demo server.
- This server will be hosted in your wpdocker account, which you can also login to for more advanced settings.
- wpdocker will bill you for this server monthly (if you choose to continue using the service after your 1 week trial)
- We (dtbaker) receive a commission on this monthly wpdocker service
- You will get a dedicated demo website address, such as mythemename.theme-demo.net
- You will login to WordPress on your new demo server and setup your demo website
- You can place banners/links on your item description directing customers to your demo website ( mythemename.theme-demo.net )
- You can change your WordPress theme demo content at any stage (e.g. fix a bug) and any future demo users will receive the updated content
So how does it work (for theme Customers)?
- A customer will visit your ThemeForest item page or custom landing page and see the "Try Demo" button.
- The customer will be directed to mythemename.theme-demo.net where they will see a list of available demo styles.
- The customer will click a "Login to Dashboard" button
- The customer will be asked to authenticate with their Envato account (this will ensure the buyer is serious)
- A loading bar will display while a unique WordPress demo website is created ( this demo website is based on your "template" setup previously )
- We show a quick optional survey to the customer while the demo website is loading
- The demo website is loaded in an iframe (similar to Envato previews) so we can show the remaining time left in their demo
- The customer is automatically logged into their demo website as admin
- This demo website will last 1 hour and then the files and database will be removed
- The user will see links to buy the theme and view the documentation in the header bar
How much does it cost?
- See the new Pricing page.
- We are hoping authors will easily be able to cover this cost by:
- Improving buyer confidence and producing a higher conversion rate.
- Reducing support time with pre-sale "Can it do this?" questions.
- If you have feedback regarding pricing please send me an email. We're happy to discuss.
How do you add additional styles?
- It is possible to have different "styles" for a theme demo. Example: http://summer.theme-demo.net/
- Just login to your portal and follow the prompts
What about PHP scripts and WordPress Plugins?
- We will offer automated theme demos via theme-demo.net
- We will offer automated wordpress plugin demos via plugin-demo.net
- We will offer automated PHP script/app demos via code-demo.net